Learn about my telehealth program here.
I’m not worried about the office, but what about the common areas?
The maintenance crew at the Forum has really stepped up their cleaning habits. Every time I cross through the lobby or elevator, I see a custodian scrupulously cleaning. I encourage you to wear face masks in all common areas if you feel this will limit your exposure.
How can I ensure Heather Lane PT will be a safe environment for me as a patient?
Ensuring the health and safety of our communities is our highest priority. As a reminder the most effective way to stay healthy is through best practices to minimize the spread of infectious disease.
The CDC recommends the following to prevent illness:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick (cancellation fees are waived until further notice)
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty
Click here to review the CDC recommendations on how to protect yourself.